We are hoping to resume saddle fitting in a phased way from Monday 18th May subject to Government Guidance on May 10th. We will be operating a waiting list for all saddle fittings and checks. Initially priority will be given to those who had appointments cancelled/postponed in March/April/May, all new enquiries will be processed thereafter, so please bear with us.
We will be following the Safe Saddle Fitting Protocol as set out by our trade body ‘The Society of Master Saddlers’.
The impact of Coronavirus means we will have to operate differently not only from a functionality perspective but primarily to keep the team and our clients safe. The following changes will be implemented with immediate effect;
- We will no longer offer ‘on site’ or visit us appointments
- Visits to the office should be by appointment only and purely for the collection and drop off of items. The showroom is not open for clients to come and view or sit on saddles
- The number of locations we visit within one day will be limited to
- All appointments require a pre-visit risk assessment to be completed over the phone and this may mean we are not be able to attend
- For all new enquiries the booking process will be 2 phased, booking details & risk assessments will be completed first. These will then be appraised by the manager thereafter we will aim to call you back within 7 working days to arrange a suitable time.
- A pre visit advisory note will also be sent out to all bookings so both parties can act safely & responsibly throughout the appointment.
- Due to high demand, all fitting fees must be paid in full prior to our attendance – this is non refundable but is transferable if you need to move your appt date provided you do not cancel on the day. Any appointments cancelled on the day will loose the fee.
- We will not want to touch more than is absolutely necessary of your tack and equipment. Please ensure your tack (saddle, girth, numnah, pad, leathers and irons) is cleaned prior to our visit
- We will endeavour to maintain social distancing throughout your appointment. To make this easier we would prefer to carry out the appointment outside or in a menage or school so we have room to work.
- We won’t be able to help you mount your horse whilst at the appointment.
- Your saddle fitter will be wearing PPE (a face mask and disposable gloves) we would like our customers to wear a face covering (scarf) or mask also
- If the fitter feels that social distancing is not possible or has other health and safety concerns preventing them from doing their job safely and correctly, they may stop the fitting process and another chargeable appointment will have to be made.
- All payments will be contactless – via card, paypal or bacs